Here’s your homework.
Knowing what you need to provide for a home loan can help make the process easier. The list below shows you what to gather.
Almost everyone will need these items:
- Employer information for the last 2 years including employer name(s), address(es), phone numbers
- Your home address for the last 2 years
- W-2 forms for all jobs in the last 2 years
- Most recent 30 days of pay stubs, including year-to-date earnings
- Signed personal tax returns or the last 2 years with all schedules
- Most recent 2 months bank statements for all accounts – all pages
- Most recent financial statements or any stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRAs, 401(k)s, etc.
- Picture identification (driver’s license, state ID, etc.)
Some will need these items, too:
- Fully executed copy of sales contract with all riders and attorney information
- Gift letter, fully executed
- Divorce decree
- Bankruptcy discharge papers
- For property owners: address, current market value, recent mortgage statement, homeowners insurance declarations page, property tax bill, lease
- For self-employed: Corporate tax returns and partnership returns for the last 2 years; plus year-to-date profit-and-loss statement
- For non-U.S. citizens: resident alien card or U.S. visa