First things first. Get licensed.
To enter the exciting, meaningful, high earning-potential world of real estate, you’ll need to take classes, pass exams and affiliate with an established real estate agency. Whew! If that sounds like a lot of work, well, it is. But here at Baird & Warner, we work together to make it easier for those just getting started.
To obtain a real estate broker license in Illinois, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old or be at least 18 years old and receive prior approval by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Complete 90 hours of broker course work, including 15 hours of interactive training
- Pass the state of Illinois exam with a score of 75% or better
- Attendance is required.
- Allowed to miss 10% of total class time, however, missed time MUST be made up at another class in order to pass the course.
- Missing more than 10 % of the course results in failure and course must be retaken in its entirety at regular price.
- You must make up any missed classes or exams within 6 months of original course purchase.
If you have any questions regarding regarding pre-licensing, please reach out to our Education Team at [email protected] or 1.888.564.1855.
Illinois Realtors® Real Estate Courses
2-Week Accelerated Classroom Course
This 90-hour course satisfies educational requirements needed to take the Illinois broker licensing exam including the 15-hour interactive training. Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Price: $625
July 15-25, 2019 – 210 W Northwest Hwy, Arlington Heights, IL 60004, Instructor: Jodi Kloska
August 5-16, 2019 – 230 W Virginia Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60014, Instructor: Jodi Kloska
September 16-27, 2019 – 120 S. LaSalle Street, 20th Floor, Chicago IL 60603, Instructor: Jodi Kloska
Oct. 21-Nov. 1, 2019 – 1557 S Randall Road, Algonquin, IL 60102, Instructor: Jodi Kloska
November 11-22, 2019 – 120 S. LaSalle Street, 20th Floor, Chicago IL 60603, Instructor: Jodi Kloska
December 2-13, 2019 – 230 W Virginia Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60014, Instructor: Jodi Kloska
December 9-20, 2019– 1920 Sheridan Road, Highland Park, IL 60035, Instructor: Lin Ewing
90 Hour Evening and Weekend Course
This course is designed for the working professional who desires a classroom course but is unable to attend daytime classes during the week. Price: $625
July 22 – August 25, 2019 – 210 W Northwest Highway, Arlington Heights, IL 60004- Instructor: Vic Valenti
15-Hour Interactive Classroom (at B&W)
When you purchase the 75 hour course through the Illinois Association of Realtors (217-529-2600) or at illinoisrealtor.org. When combined with the 15-Hour Broker Pre-license Interactive course offered by Baird & Warner, this will meet eligibility requirements to take the state exam to obtain a Broker license in Illinois. Students must complete at least 85% of the 75 hour pre licensing course prior to taking the 15 hour Interactive course. Cost is $150
June 22 & 23, 2019 – 230 W. Virginia Street, Crystal Lake IL 60014 Instructor: Jodi Kloska