Taking The First Steps
The following list will give you an idea of the process you will be taking when making your purchase. Please Download the PDF and print it for your convenience.
- Preparing to Buy:
- Contact Key Mortgage Services to get mortgage pre-approval.
- Identify your Home Buying Team.
- Research neighborhoods and communities to narrow your search.
- Find the house of your dreams.
- Make an offer and negotiate with the help of your Baird & Warner Sales Associate.
- Contact your Key Mortgage Services Loan Officer to let them know the contract has been written and accepted – sign mortgage application documents and provide updated financial documents if needed.
- Conduct the home inspections and other inspections per the contract timetable.
- Finalize and negotiate inspection issues.
- Contract insurance agent to obtain homeowners insurance policy
- Moving preparation:
- 1-2 weeks prior to closing, pay homeowners’ insurance premium and obtain paid receipt (condo owners arrange insurance for contents only).
- 3-4 days prior to closing, gather documents needed at closing as advised by your Key Mortgage Services Loan Officer.
- Final walk-through inspection prior to closing with your Baird & Warner Sales Associate.
- Attend closing – congratulations, you are a new homeowner!
Let us walk you through these steps in detail. Contact us today to get started.